[GeoNode-users] Problem about Configuring User Registration

dugaoming 897998829 at qq.com
Fri Aug 4 05:12:36 PDT 2017

Hi I find some problems when i created a new account. GeoNode provide a method that administrator can manually approve new accounts when user want to create an account. So i set ACCACCOUNT_APPROVAL_REQUIRED to True and created an account. Then I saw the page:

Account Pending Approval

We have sent the administrators a notice to approve your account associated with hahaha at 126.com. If the account is approved, you will receive a confirmation notice.

An message should be sent to administrator's email(I am administrator ). But I didn't recieve it.

In fact, when I canceled the this method , I can recieve the email and activate the account normally.

Here is my settings:

# prevent signing up by default

ACCOUNT_OPEN_SIGNUP = True

ACCOUNT_EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL = strtobool(

    os.getenv('ACCOUNT_EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL', 'True')

)

ACCOUNT_EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_REQUIRED = strtobool(

    os.getenv('ACCOUNT_EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_REQUIRED', 'True')

)

ACCOUNT_APPROVAL_REQUIRED = strtobool(

    os.getenv('ACCOUNT_APPROVAL_REQUIRED', 'True')

)

I hope someone can give me some advices.Thank you so much!