[GeoNode-users] GeoNode depolyment with dominname

Naresh N naresh919 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 00:28:38 PDT 2017

Dear All,

 Please suggest for the following query. Sorry to post to this group, since
the query is not related to GeoNode software. I felt some users might faced
issue and I may get some solution.

 I have deployed the GeoNode 2.4 version in RHEL 7.2 64 bit machine. It is
working fine. Now we want to make live to public. For this  our network
team has given domain name with reverse proxy.

For example:   My System IP:  192.168.XXX.XXX
Given Domain Name: http://example.com/geonode

And they have told that with reverseproxy  when users type
http://example.com/geonode will internal redirect to 192.168.XXX.XX
 (Geonode depolyed system IP).

With the above the GeoNode home page is loading not properly, since  all
the static links/jsfiles are not loaded, and I have found that the url is
going to http://example.com/*static/lib/css/assets.min.css?v=2.4*

when I modified the urr as follows, it is working fine
http://example.com/*geonode*/*static/lib/css/assets.min.css?v=2.4*

Then I added  in settings.py file static_url=/static/ to
url=/geonode/static. The home page loaded properly. However if we click on
Layers/Map/documents - those links are going to again
http://example.com/layers - where page is not loading.

Please suggest

Please find below link -  it may be helpful - to give solution to my problme
*https://serverfault.com/questions/561892/how-to-handle-relative-urls-correctly-with-a-reverse-proxy
<https://serverfault.com/questions/561892/how-to-handle-relative-urls-correctly-with-a-reverse-proxy>*

Thanks&Regards,
Naersh