[GeoNode-users] GeoNode Windows Installation question

Chris Jackson webturtles at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 01:21:36 PDT 2017

Hi all

Apologies in advance for this!

I installed GeoNode 2.6 using the Windows installer yesterday, and am
trying to work out why nothing seems to work.  I am working on a W2012 R2
64bit server, which admittedly is running various IIS sites, Tomcat 6,
Geoserver 2.5 etc, so admittedly not a very clean environment!

First up the install killed IIS (fixed by changing Apache config to another
port) - would be helpful to control that setting as part of the install.

I have now got Tomcat 7 working, though Geoserver isn't - war unwrapped
okay (probably integration related and the fact Apache isn't happy).

Looking at the Apaches logs - I get the following cyclic error:

[Thu Aug 24 09:01:31.226711 2017] [wsgi:warn] [pid 4368:tid 536] mod_wsgi:
Runtime using Python/2.7.13.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:/GeoNode-2.6.x/geonode-2.6.x\lib\site.py", line 703, in <module>
    main()
  File "D:/GeoNode-2.6.x/geonode-2.6.x\lib\site.py", line 692, in main
    aliasmbcs()
  File "D:/GeoNode-2.6.x/geonode-2.6.x\lib\site.py", line 515, in aliasmbcs
    import locale, codecs
  File "D:\GeoNode-2.6.x\geonode-2.6.x\lib\locale.py", line 19, in <module>
    import functools
ImportError: No module named functools

I have put the python folder in the environment path, wonder if it is perms
or a misalignment of Python/Apache things (32bit/64bit)?!

I wonder if the install completed properly (due to conflicts with
pre-existing settings) and am trying to work out if I persevere with
tweaking to get it working, or need to install GeoNode another way.   Is
there an installation log saved as part of the install?  Are there any
other windows guides out there beyond the installer approach?

Appreciate any thoughts people may have!

Thanks
Chris