[GeoNode-users] Geonode security vulnerability

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 03:04:48 PST 2017

The geonode.conf file in my Geonode instalation (2.4) did not have those
lines. However, the upload/layers directory was still open to all. Looking
at the geonode.conf file I noticed that the uploaded/documents directory
was closed with the options:

<Directory "/var/www/geonode/uploaded/documents/">
       Order allow,deny
       Deny from all
</Directory>

So I repeated the same lines for the layers directory:

<Directory "/var/www/geonode/uploaded/layers/">
       Order allow,deny
       Deny from all
</Directory>

Does that look ok? Or am I bound to break something? Until now, everything
looks fine

Thanks
Daniel