[GeoNode-users] Backup/Restore of GeoNode 2.4.1

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Fri Feb 24 01:20:02 PST 2017

Hi Mike,

I haven´t tried a full backup and restore but could imagine something like this can work:

1. Backup Postgres (if you use it)
	- either with pg_dump (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/app-pgdump.html <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/app-pgdump.html>)
	- or as geonode is based on Django with manage.py dropdata https://coderwall.com/p/mvsoyg/django-dumpdata-and-loaddata <https://coderwall.com/p/mvsoyg/django-dumpdata-and-loaddata>
		- (I would prefere the first way)
2. backup the directories where your files/documents are uploaded to
3. to be save, backup your local_settings and your static_content (from where you serve js,css, ...) directory
4. backup geoserver, maybe it´s already sufficient to backup the workspace in any case have a look at this plugin: http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/backuprestore/index.html <http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/community/backuprestore/index.html>
5. backup your apache vhost config.

As written I haven´t tried a full backup / restore thus these steps are nothing more than a presumption ;)

Best,

Toni

Message: 2