[GeoNode-users] Group permisions for layer / map not working

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:44:33 PST 2017

Hi list,

I'm not sure I'm doing things right. I created a group in Geonode Admin
Panel (Group profiles) and set some of the layers and maps in my GeoNode
site to have view and download permission for the users on that group.
However, when I logon to GeoNode with a user that belong to the group, the
user does not have access to the layers (view or download).

Am I missing something? Do I also need to change the Group auth permissions.

I saw this GeoNode doc that says "the “Groups” permissions system is not
implemented yet in GeoNode"

http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/admin_panel/users-groups.html

Does this means that I cannot set layer permissions based on groups and
will have to give permissions individually, for each user?

Thanks
Daniel