[GeoNode-users] Geonode deploying on a working virtual machine with Ubuntu 12.04

gkpetrak gkpetrak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:14:00 PST 2017

Hello,

I installed and customized a Geonode project (2.0 edition) on my fresh
local machine (Ubuntu 12.04) with apt-get installation.

Now I have to deploy the project on a virtual machine which already
hosts a WebGIS application (with technologies such as Geoserver / Jetty,
Postgresql / PostGIS, Apache2) on Ubuntu 12.04.

I think that Geonode installation via apt-get is not recommended when
the machine already runs individual software components of Geonode. So I
have to install Geonode with custom installation following this link:
https://geonode.readthedocs.io/en/2.0/tutorials/admin/install/complete_install.html

Am I wrong ?

Also because I have some problems with GeoExplorer of Geonode 2.0 (pink
tiles and limited zoom in) is there a way to upgrade to GeoExplorer of
Geonode 2.4 ?

Thank you in advance !