[GeoNode-users] geonode-users Digest, Vol 29, Issue 91

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Wed Jun 21 05:49:02 PDT 2017

Dear Naresh,

I´m unsure if I can help you here ... some thoughts.

> 1.The WMS URL request  i.e  http://fase2kort.klimatilpasning.dk:80/ <http://fase2kort.klimatilpasning.dk/>
> geoserver/wms is first  reaching to GeoNode deployed system and from it ,
> the request is going to corresponding URL.
>  In this case GeoNode deployed system to send the url ,it required proxy
> server our campus network .* Is it true?* If so  I have to specify our
> proxy server address in GeoNode Code. Where I have to specify?

If I understand you correctly you´re asking if the external wms is „proxied“
through your geonode instance. I currently have no geonode installation here
but would say yes. You can easily check by looking at some browser
developer tools and network tab. In any case be sure that the server can
see the external wms and nothing blocks the request. (Inspect with ping or
dig or wget ...)

> 2. Even if it works the GeoNode deployed system should have internet
> connectivity.* Is it true*?

This depends on your server setup, your live system could be behind
a reverse proxy. be sure to check this setup.

> 3. As of now my GeoNode deployed System has internet connectivity, how
> ever once we make this application live/production, the internet
> connectivity will be removed for security concerns
>             (As you aware production servers should not have internet to
> avoid possible threats)
>  *          In this case how to handle?*

As said I would setup a reverse proxy, your admin will know more.
Just make sure that the proxy is passing the requests to your vm´s web server
(apache, tomcat,…)

> *4. * Is there any way is available , if user specifies WMS Layer URL and
> Name it should load  and add corresponding layers to GeoNode  Map/Layer
> window

I don´t understand this question. But as a quess. Have a look at maps editor
there you can add a new wms server, load it´s layers and use it on your maps.

I´ve had a quick look on your wms resource: http://fase2kort.klimatilpasning.dk/ <http://fase2kort.klimatilpasning.dk/>geoserver/wms
It seems there is something broken with it. If I´m trying to load it in qgis the connection
is closed immediately, also the browser throws a download dialog. Can you check with
your administrator first that everything is correct with the subdomain zone setup, and after
that check if your geoserver setup is working correctly.

cheers,

toni