[GeoNode-users] geonode 2.4 zip contains layers with restricted permissions.

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Tue Mar 14 05:47:21 PDT 2017

Hi,

I´ve tested this on a fresh 2.4 installation from repository and apt on Ubuntu 14.04.
(Unfortunately I cannot login to demo.geonode.org to show this behavior)

- On a fresh installation I´ve installed Demo Layers with Paver
- Next created a map with three layers
- One of those layers has download permission set to registered users only

Now, when an unregistered User downloads the map data a notice appears
that one layer cannot be downloaded due to permissions (correct so far) BUT
the zip contains this layer regardless of it´s download permissions.

Is this a known Bug? If not I would open an issue on github.

cheers,

Toni