[GeoNode-users] Question about installing Geonode 2.6 with ansible

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 10:11:43 PDT 2017

Hi Eric.

There are 2 options:
1. If you do not have a customized geonode template project, just use
the default repository and the ansible will install with the default
template.
2. If you have a template project, just provide the git repo for it and
it will be installed.

In your case, just leave the default git repository in order to get a
default installation.

Regards,
Angelos

On 03/31/2017 07:48 PM, Eric Goddard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to use ansible-geonode to install Geonode 2.6 on Ubuntu
> 16.04. In the readme on the ansible-geonode github page it says, "It
> is meant to be used with a GeoNode template project by following the
> workflow described here http://github.com/geonode/geonode-project."
>
> Do I need to add the ppa and install geonode as it says in the
> geonode-project readme before running the ansible playbook, or does
> ansible do that? I don't see in any of the tasks where geonode is
> installed; only where it pulls in the customized template using the
> github_user and app_name role variables.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
Charter Member