[GeoNode-users] Data backup (docker)

Enrique Cerrillo Cuenca cerrillo at uevora.pt
Thu May 4 02:14:17 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm really newbie to geonode and also to docker. I've managed to deploy
a docker installation of geonode into a server. However, I'm really
stuck on how to backup the data. Have any of you any experience on this?

I've try to backup docker volumes, although I'm able to get data, the
volume names are not standardized, which makes difficult to write a
script that backup them.

I have also try to use the traditional "python manage.py backup"
approach inside the geonode_django container, but I'm getting this error
"OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/opt/gs_data_dir/data/geonode'".

Any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance,

Enrique