[GeoNode-users] Depolying new Geonode site. Which version to use?

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon May 8 12:17:45 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm in the process of deploying a new GeoNode site for a group and I'm
wondering. Since v2.6 is right around the corner, what would be my best
option? Keep in mind that I'm not familiar with docker nor ansible so, my
preferred installation method is the good old apt-get install.

Should I just use GeoNode v2.4 with an Ubuntu v14.04 and wait for the
release of the next GeoNode in the PPA?

Or should I setup a server with Ubuntu v16.04? And how to install GeoNode
on such server? Will the stable PPA work? Any idea about when there will be
a PPA release for GeoNode 2.6?

Thanks
Daniel