[GeoNode-users] backup error, geonode 2.6 => backup.py=> import error: no moduled named simplejson

Federico Gianoli alpacagis at gmail.com
Fri May 19 04:08:23 PDT 2017

Thanks a lot Alessio,

I have changed the files according to your suggestions,
but now I have this error:

*$ sudo python manage.py backup --backup-dir=backup/*

*Before proceeding with the Backup, please ensure that:*
* 1. The backend (DB or whatever) is accessible and you have rights*
* 2. The GeoServer is up and running and reachable from this machine*
*You want to proceed? [n]|y: y*
*Dumping 'GeoServer Catalog [http://212.237.232.12/geoserver/
<http://212.237.232.12/geoserver/>]' into
'backup/2017-05-19_050730/geoserver_catalog.zip'.*
*Traceback (most recent call last):*
*  File "manage.py", line 11, in <module>*
*    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)*
*  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
354, in execute_from_command_line*
*    utility.execute()*
*  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
346, in execute*
*    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)*
*  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 394, in run_from_argv*
*    self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)*
*  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 445, in execute*
*    output = self.handle(*args, **options)*
*  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/base/management/commands/backup.py",
line 101, in handle*
*    gs_backup = r.json()*
*  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/models.py", line 808, in
json*
*    return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs)*
*  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads*
*    return _default_decoder.decode(s)*
*  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode*
*    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())*
*  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode*
*    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")*
*ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded*

*Thanks a lot for your help*

*Fede*

> [...]

>> updates I guess. There are also several issues / improvements we are
>> working on to improve this tool.
>>
>> We will find some spare time soon to devote to those tasks. We will send
>> updates as soon as possible.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Alessio Fabiani.
>>
>> ==
>> GeoServer Professional Services from the experts!
>> Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
>> ==
>>
>> Ing. Alessio Fabiani
>> @alfa7691
>> github <https://github.com/afabiani?tab=overview>
>> Founder/Technical Lead
>>
>> GeoSolutions S.A.S.
>> Via di Montramito 3/A
>> 55054  Massarosa (LU)
>> Italy
>> phone: +39 0584 962313 <0584%20962313>
>> fax:     +39 0584 1660272 <0584%20166%200272>
>> mob:   +39 331 6233686 <331%20623%203686>
>>
>> http://www.geo-solutions.it
>> http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

>> *AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*
>>
>> Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o
>> nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
>> loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
>> per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
>> messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
>> darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
>> stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
>> divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
>> utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
>> principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.
>>

>> The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely
>> for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential
>> or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
>> (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
>> Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
>> copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
>> strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
>> addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
>> immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
>> information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
>> does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
>> completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
>> made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
>> e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

>> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 1:50 PM, Simone Dalmasso <
>> simone.dalmasso at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Federico,
>>>
>>> there seems to be an issue in the commands, simplejson is not available
>>> anymore, json has to be used. we should fix it.

>>> anagement/commands/restore.py#L28