[GeoNode-users] Large Capabilties document causes create mapcrash

David Alda Fernandez de Lezea dalda at hazi.eus
Tue Nov 21 00:08:12 PST 2017

Hi Paolo,

I forgot to mention that:

- The WMSCSOURCE is a cascaded WMS inside my GeoNode-Geoserver

- As I mentioned before if I remove the WMSCSOURCE of the local_settings the "Create Map" page works perfect. Then if I add the server via "Add remote server" in the GeoExplorer it loads the capabilities without any problem, it takes its time since they're still around 5000 layers, but it doesn't crash.

- Connecting to the GeoServer that holds that large number of layers from QGIS works quite fast but If I try to connect to the GeoNode-Geoserver from QGIS I get a time-out exception, so I don't really know if it's something related to the number layers or to the Cascading WMS.

Paolo, I'll answer you below:

1) make sure you are not exposing lots of unneeded projections. --> I've removed unneeded projections, but without success.
2) if applicable, restrict the layers returned by the GetCapabilities using virtual services by filtering on a workspace --> We're already working with Virtual services, perhaps we could improve here by re-ordering / thinking a new architecture.

Apart from being a large number of layers and that we can improve that a little bit, I feel that the problem seems to be the cascaded configuration perhaps? Is there anything that I can tune there?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Agur bero bat,

David Alda Fernández de Lezea
Área de Sistemas de Información Geográfica, Planificación Territorial y Forestal Informazio Geografikoen Sistemak, Lurralde eta Baso Antolaketaren Arloa.
dalda at hazi.eus | www.hazi.eus
T 945 003 240 – M 627 923 170 – F 945 003 290
Hazi | Granja Modelo de Arkaute s/n | 01192 Arkaute – Araba

Mezu hau pertsonala eta isilpekoa da eta baimenik gabeko erabilera debekatua dago legalki. Jasotzailea ez bazara ezabatu mezua, bidali eta kontserbatu gabe.
Este mensaje es personal y confidencial y su uso no autorizado está prohibido legalmente. Si usted no es el destinatario, proceda a borrarlo, sin reenviarlo ni conservarlo.
This message is personal and confidential, unauthorised use is legally prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, delete it without resending or backing it.