[GeoNode-users] ALLOWED_HOSTS, PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS and MAP_BASELAYERS

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 06:57:38 PDT 2018

HI All,

I have Geonode2.6.3 installed in Oracle Linux Machine (test purpose) and
the ALLOWED_HOSTS configuration is done through the local_settings.py file.

However, I just installed Geonode2.8 in a fresh machine Ubuntu16.04. I got
confused whether or not the ALLOWED_HOSTS and PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS is done
through the settings.py or local_settings.py files because the tutorial in
here
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/create_geonode_db.html
shows the configuration in the settings.py. file.

Another thing I realized, in the centOS/geonode2.6.3 machine, the
MAP_BASELAYERS configuration is done through the settings.py file, but in
ubuntu16.04/geonode2.8, MAP_BASELAYERS is done through the
local_settings.py file.

Does it make any difference if the configuration (ALLOWED_HOSTS,
PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS and MAP_BASELAYERS) is done in the settings.py or
local_settings.py file?

Thank you for your time in advance

I appreciated it

Julierme Pinheiro