[GeoNode-users] Seeding GeoWebCache tiles from Geonode GeoServer

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:07:14 PDT 2018

Hi list,

I have quite a large vector layer in my Geonode instance. I also have
another webgis that is accessing this layer straight from GeoServer. To
speed things up, I've seeded the tiles in GWC. After poking around, I
figured that GWC was storing the tiles in
/tmp/tomcat8_<blabla>/geowebcache/<layername>/....

However, I had to restart tomcat8 and the cache stored in /tmp got erased.
Is this the intended behavior? To store GWC tiles in /tmp? Or should I
change this to store the cache tiles in geoserver data dir? That is
configured in WEB-INF/web.xml correct?

Thanks
Daniel