[GeoNode-users] Use Geonode-Document as Online-Resource in Geoserver SLD

Alessio Fabiani alessio.fabiani at geo-solutions.it
Thu Jul 12 01:15:12 PDT 2018

Hi John,
GeoServer Styling capabilities are very advanced, but you need to study a
bit how the SLD language works and what extensions GeoServer provides.

Currently the embedded styler in GeoNode is quite basic and does not allow
to edit many of the most advanced features of GeoServer SLD; quite soon we
<http://www.geo-solutions.it> will contribute to the community a very
advanced GIS web client based on MapStore2
<https://mapstore.geo-solutions.it/> along with dashboards and advanced SLD
editors.

About your question I guess this topic might be useful

http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/styling/sld/extensions/pointsymbols.html#external-graphics

Notice that you can either download an SLD and upload a new one directly
from the GeoNode Layer Detail page.

Full documentation on how SLD in GeoServer works can be found here:

http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/styling/index.html

Il giorno gio 12 lug 2018 alle ore 08:49 John, Steffen <s.john at atenekom.eu>
ha scritto:

> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to use a png-File, uploaded via Geonode
> document-upload tool, within the SLD in Geoserver.
> I tried using the download-URL https://host/documents/100
> <https://host/documents/%3Cid%3E1000%3C/id%3E/download>0/download
> <https://host/documents/%3Cid%3E1000%3C/id%3E/download>, but Geoserver
> doesn't seem to recognize it. It only shows the default style for points.
>
> Is there a way of getting a static url to the resource, like
> https://host/documents/100
> <https://host/documents/%3Cid%3E1000%3C/id%3E/download>0/static/filename
> .png?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Steffen

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V
for more information.
==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE
2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si
precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo
contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è
riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il
messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra
operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by
European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please
notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.