[GeoNode-users] Apache Config: geonode.conf

Julierme Pinheiro juliermeopensourcedeveloper at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:57:05 PDT 2018

Dear GeoNode users and developers,

Recently, I posted about two issues regarding thumbnails and e-mails
account. I am running GeoNode at 2.8.0 Devmode (GD) and Production (GP).

In respect to GeoNode Production, I fixed these issues by adding SITEURL
and ACCOUNT and EMAIL confing to settings.py and find GP geonode.conf bellow

WSGIDaemonProcess geonode python-path=/home/geonode/my_
geonode:/home/geo/Envs/geonode/lib/python2.7/site-packages user=www-data
threads=15 processes=2

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName 172.21.14.45
    ServerAlias localhost
    ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
    DocumentRoot /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode

    LimitRequestFieldSize 32760
    LimitRequestLine 32760

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
    LogLevel warn
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

    WSGIProcessGroup geonode
    WSGIPassAuthorization On
    WSGIScriptAlias / /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/wsgi.py

    Alias /static/ /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/
    Alias /uploaded/ /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/

    <Directory "/home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/">
         <Files wsgi.py>
             Order deny,allow
             Allow from all
             Require all granted
         </Files>

        Order allow,deny
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Allow from all
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    </Directory>

    <Directory "/home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/">

Regarding GeoNode DevMode, I am trying to find the correct configuration,
but there is always something missing. For instance, if I set the
CONFIGURATION-1 bellow, the thumbnail is not displayed and I am unable to
send emails. In the other hand, If I set CONFIGURATION-2 bellow, some page
styles are lost, the Thumbnails are displayed and I am unable to send
e-mails.

CONFIGURATION-1

WSGIDaemonProcess geonode python-path=/home/my_geonode/
my_geonode:/home/geo/Envs/geonode/lib/python2.7/site-packages user=www-data
threads=15 processes=2

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName 172.21.14.45
    ServerAlias localhost
    ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
    DocumentRoot /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode

    LimitRequestFieldSize 32760
    LimitRequestLine 32760

    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
    LogLevel warn
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

    WSGIProcessGroup geonode
    WSGIPassAuthorization On
    WSGIScriptAlias / /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/wsgi.py

    Alias /static/ /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/
    Alias /uploaded/ /home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/

    <Directory "/home/my_geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/">

CONFIGURATION-2

[...]

I looked at documentation in here
<http://media.readthedocs.org/pdf/geonode/master/geonode.pdf>, but I could
not find information that could guide me on how to set geonode.conf in
order to join GeoNode DevMode and GeoNode Production. Could anyone give me
a hint in what I am missing for geonode.conf settings or what I am mixing
in the geonode.conf configuration?

Thank you for your time in advance.

I appreciated it.

Kind regards