[GeoNode-users] Issue uploading shapefile - cannot find the Layer that matches this Workspace

Pascal Coulon Pascal.Coulon at scisys.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 09:17:25 PDT 2018

Hi,

We are having some issues uploading some shapefile using the uploading feature. On uploading the shapefile, the dataset seems to be loaded in postgis and Geoserver, but then at the time of checking that the datasets has been created in Geoserver it fails with the error :

"GeoNode encountered problems when creating layer {dataset_name}.It cannot find the Layer that matches this Workspace. try renaming your files."

I have done some debugging and the layer name and workspace are both correct. The error happens in  https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.8.0/geonode/geoserver/upload.py - line 166<https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/2.8.0/geonode/geoserver/upload.py%20-%20line%20166>.

I am using geonode 2.8 and Geoserver 12.x

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

Pascal

SCISYS UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 4373530.
Registered Office: Methuen Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 0GB, UK.

Before printing, please think about the environment.