[GeoNode-users] Problem with GeoFence permissions

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:04:53 PST 2018

Hi Daniel

You seem to have hit this bug which I reported to GeoFence team in the past:
https://github.com/geoserver/geofence/issues/98

I didn't notice this happening in latest GeoFence version, so
upgrading to latest GeoNode could be an option.
Or you could try to use PostgreSQL instead than H2 as a GeoFence store

hope this helps

cheers
Paolo

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:19 AM, Daniel Victoria
<daniel.victoria at gmail.com> wrote:
> Update: Apparently, if I update the layer permissions in the web interface
> or if i run `geonode updatelayers -f <layer_name>`, the correct GeoFence
> permissions are created. Thus, doing so a layer at a time works. But several
> layers at once, no.
>
> What should I look for in the GeoServer log to try to figure out where the
> problem is occurring? I can attach the GeoServer log if that helps.
>
> Cheers
> Daniel
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:52 AM Daniel Victoria <daniel.victoria at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I have GeoNode 2.6.3, installed from apt, in a Ubuntu machine. Right now i
>> have 108 registered layers, some imported using the web interface, some
>> using the `geonode importlayers` command.
>>
>> Last week I noticed that some of the layers I was importing using the
>> management command had view permission problems. I realized that the cause
>> was that the GeoFence rules were not being created correctly.
>>
>> Looking at the messages on the list, I saw that there were some
>> discussions about this issue and that 1) there was a patch for
>> geoserver/helper.py [1] and 2) a new `sync_geofence` management command.
>>
>> I applied the patch and downloaded the `sync_geofence` command.
>>
>> Now, every time I run `geonode updatelayers` I end up with a different set
>> of rules in GeoFence. Some times with 106 rules, some times with 209 rules
>> etc. And I can't run `geonode sync_geofence` since I'm getting an error:
>>
>> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'perm_spec' referenced before assignment
>>
>> Any idea how to fix this issue so I don't have to manually create the
>> GeoFence rules? And also, not have `geonode updatelayers` mess up the rules
>> already created?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Daniel
>>
>> [1] -