[GeoNode-users] Geonode - uploading works but imports empty layers

Manuela Sabatino mn.sabatino at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 05:04:26 PDT 2018

Hi,

This is Manuela here, I am newbie in Geonode. I just started working on a
Geonode project and I am quite new in the field. I worked as a GIS Analysts
for almost 5 years and self-taught web development, Python, Django, JS,
CSS, HTML etc..

At the moment, we built a demo that is not successfully working
unfortunately, since I know I do have a lot to learn how to make it work
properly I was wondering if you could also help me to fix some issues below
listed:

- When I click on the geofence test connection in the geoserver it shows an
error:

ERROR [auth.GeoFenceAuthenticationProvider] - Error in authenticating with
GeoFence

com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException:
org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not
open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is
javax.persistence.PersistenceException:

- When I try to upload a shp file from the geonode website it works but the
layer is empty, with no features in it.

I can see the layer stored in the geoserver and the postgres database but
there are no records in it.

I would really appreciate if you could help in debugging these issues.

I am looking forward to hearing from you,

*Manuela Sabatino*

*T*  +44 7598 060 934

*E* mn.sabatino at gmail.com

<https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mnsabatino>   <+447598060934>