[GeoNode-users] Seeding GeoWebCache tiles from Geonode GeoServer

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri May 4 09:16:31 PDT 2018

Dear Daniel
by design, most of Linux distro delete files in /tmp at reboot.
You can change the location of the cache by setting the
GEOWEBCACHE_CACHE_DIR at startup
best
Paolo
On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 8:07 PM Daniel Victoria <daniel.victoria at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi list,

> I have quite a large vector layer in my Geonode instance. I also have
another webgis that is accessing this layer straight from GeoServer. To
speed things up, I've seeded the tiles in GWC. After poking around, I
figured that GWC was storing the tiles in
/tmp/tomcat8_<blabla>/geowebcache/<layername>/....

> However, I had to restart tomcat8 and the cache stored in /tmp got
erased. Is this the intended behavior? To store GWC tiles in /tmp? Or
should I change this to store the cache tiles in geoserver data dir? That
is configured in WEB-INF/web.xml correct?

> Thanks
> Daniel

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer