[Geoprisma-dev] QueryOnClick - Highlighting WFS.fromWMSLayer

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Fri Nov 6 14:16:34 EST 2009

Le vendredi 06 novembre 2009 à 13:38 -0500, Alexandre Dube a écrit :
> Yves Moisan wrote:
> >
> > Right.  So there would be an option in whatever widget to call FS to get
> > a pseudo feature highlight if a FS service is available ?
> >

> Basically, yes.  A simple OpenLayers SelectFeature control should do the
> trick.  My first thought would be to keep this kind of feature inside
> each widget (even if that means duplicating code / functionalities),
> i.e. one SelectFeature control / widget that wants to do this feature.
>
> My point : if, instead, we create one single SelectFeature control for
> all GeoPrisma widgets, we become dependent of it, pretty much like an
> API.  IMHO, we want to avoid the use of an API and keep it simple, so
> developing independent widgets should be better...

Sounds good. The SelectFeature could then be customized  (if needed) per
widget.

> > I guess you are referring to
> > http://geoprisma.org/samples/shortcut/activateresources/index.php.  I
> > still think the user should be given the sense of *what* the road he has
> > just zoomed to is on the map.
> >
> > I've seen examples with a bunch of small polygons and, depending on the
> > zoom level (an option), the one in the center could be a lot of them.
> > Without at least an option to highlight or mark, just zooming in to a
> > feature from a shortcut or an InitialView seems to me like unfinished.
> >

> I get your point.  So, the behavior could be : if there's a vector
> layer, select the "zoomed/recentered/queried" feature, else put at least
> a marker

That could be fine indeed.

> >> Should the query zoom to the extent of all results found too ?  That
> >> could be something cool to have as a new option (like the shortcut)...
> >>
> >> What do you think ?
> >>

> > As an option yes.  But I would default to no zoom because the zoomTo
> > would be a function of tolerance and it could be pretty staggering to go
> > from zoomLevel 1 to 16 (and then potentially zoom back out again for
> > another query).  Think of it, it could be a button in resultExtGrid ?
> >

> OK.  As soon as the trac's ready, I'll open a ticket for these features.

I'm working on it with Alan now.  Looks like importing our JIRA ticket
history is a tricky task, so I may end up just copying open JIRA tickets
in Trac and forget about the history.  If need be, at least a couple of
us can access the JIRA instance anyways.  I hope to get going with Trac
later today or on Monday.

Cheers,

Yves