[Geoprisma-dev] Trac instance ready

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Tue Nov 10 16:49:11 EST 2009

Hi All,

I finally managed to bring all remaining open/reopen bugs into Trac. A
second modified JIRA xml dump file was added to ticket #1 showing which
bugs were entered.  While doing that, I came across issues I couldn't
tell for sure if they were closed or not.  Issues which I didn't know
were still valid (just a few of them) will re surface in due time :
people will either remember or report the bugs.  Those issues will be
marked <inTrac>No : and the reason why</inTrac> in the JIRA xml dump
file mentioned above.

However, there is a class of issues that I believe deserve a different
discussion mechanism than the standard "New Ticket" approach and thank
EdgeWall we now have a wiki in our collaboration arsenal.  I thought
that creating a "DiscussionZone" section in the wiki for issues that are
likely to cover more than a single New Ticket (perhaps because they
apply to many widgets or because they affect GP's infrastructure) could
prove useful.

For example, I started by adding a page on the unified QueryOnClick, an
issue for which the former JIRA description revealed how cumbersome it
is : "Pushing this issue beyond v0.6 since there's no real need of this
functionality yet".  I also created a wiki page on how to set up an ACL
that can hopefully be turned into a How To.

Anyhow, people can start logging issues in Trac and populating the wiki.
We'll see how things go.

NOTES : I brought down the number of components as per Daniel's
suggestion.  Now we may need to find a way for Trac to generate a custom
report to sort by keywords.  Also a tip : the minute you write something
in CamelCase in Trac you'll see it rendered as CamelCase?, which means
Trac thinks you are creating a new wiki page.  In fact, that's the
simplest syntax to create a new wiki page (or refer to an existing one).
You need to escape the hyperlink mechanism by preceding your string with
an exclamation mark : !WontBeNewPage.

Yves