[Geoprisma-dev] Documentation - How to build the doc

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Thu Nov 12 14:35:12 EST 2009

Le jeudi 12 novembre 2009 à 12:30 -0500, Alexandre Dube a écrit :
> Hey,
>
>   I'd like to add a "how to build GeoPrisma doc" in the doc.

For someone to build the doc, one only needs to click the
"Documentation" tab on a local GP install and hit "build", provided
Sphinx is installed, as you noticed.

A how to would only tell people how to easy_install Sphinx and then edit
the make.bat file (for windows users) and setting the PATH to whatever
Python instance Sphinx has been easy_installed to.  For *NIX users, it
should be noted that most of the Python tools (e.g. the scripts used by
MapFish to compress the JS libraries) work best on Python 2.5 and most
recent OS distributions (e.g. Ubuntu or Mac) come with 2.6 as default so
people should make sure they use a Python 2.5 (provided in Ubuntu at
least) to easy_install Sphinx and to run the build of docs.  I have a
small bash script to temporarily point /usr/bin/python to 2.5 (and
another one to set it back to 2.6, else Ubuntu will whine ...).

HTH,

Yves