[Geoprisma-dev] Tutorial - How to create a GeoPrisma project

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Nov 27 09:01:47 EST 2009

Alexandre Dube wrote:

>  I need your opinion.  I wrote a tutorial about "how to create a new
> GeoPrisma project" and had comments that it should be more *concrete*,
> like showing mapfiles snippets, feature server config, etc.  I need to
> know what you think about that and about the tutorial in general.  Is it
> too abstract ?  What is missing in it ?  Should we have an other much
> more simpler, kinda for *dummies* ?
>
>  Please, let me know.
>
> [1]
> http://geoprisma.org/dist/build/html/tutorials/create-your-own-geoprisma-project.html

Given enough time and money, then sure, we should add a set of more
hands-on exercise to complement this more abstract tutorial. The
MapServer tutorial is a good example of what we could aim for:
http://biometry.gis.umn.edu/tutorial/sections.html

However, until the resources are available to produce this level of docs
  I consider that what you've got is a great start.

Thanks for you work on this Alexandre.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/