[Geoprisma-dev] MapFishLayerTree - <layername> node deprecated

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Wed Jun 30 15:27:45 EDT 2010

Hi devs,

   Just a small announcement about the MapFishLayerTree widget : the
<layername> node is now deprecated by the new <servicetype> node.  See
in documentation [1] (as soon as geoprisma.org is at r815) and in my
comments on the ticket [2].

   The <layername> node still works (and will always do), but we should
strongly avoid it in future implementations and in newer widget
developments as well.  It's an error to refer to the 'OpenLayers.Layer'
name object inside our config which doesn't know about this name at all.

Kind regards,

[1] http://geoprisma.org/dist/build/html/widgets/list/MapFishLayerTree.html
[2] http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/89#comment:6

--