[Geoprisma-dev] WFS Proxy

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Mar 18 16:01:59 EDT 2011

Hi Etienne,

On 11-03-18 03:49 PM, Etienne Dube wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> The WFS Proxy works and is ready to be committed. For the moment only
> the GetFeature operation is supported, using an XML POST request type
> (that's what OpenLayers uses by default).
>
> I had to do a slight change in the API of the Proxy class, namely
> making Proxy::getLayers() non-static (it's now an instance method
> which uses member variables) ; WFS queries are way more complex than
> any other ones in existing proxies, and I added members in the
> WFSProxy class to keep track of the kind of request that is being
> processed and the XML body of the POST request. WFSProxy::getLayers()
> uses this information (namely to parse the XML request), hence the
> change in the API. I applied the change to every subclass of Proxy
> too, and made sure that every call to getLayers() is done using an
> object instance instead of calling a static class method.

That's fine.

> Note that I didn't bother to add support for WFS layers in the old Map
> widget ; it's only supported in Layer widgets used along a MapPanel.
> Should we do it also for the Map widget??

I'd say no need to.

> This change shouldn't break anything, but if you want to review the
> new code before I commit it, just ask and I'll prepare a patch.
> Otherwise, is it okay for you all if I commit the code?

Run a phpcs to the files you changed then you can commit.  Simply link
the revision in your ticket you created.
http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/201

> I still need to clean up the sample (we will need a WFS service on the
> geoprisma.org server for the sample to work) and implement other
> operations (GetCapabilities, DescribeFeatureType and transactional
> operations), but at least we'll have a first working implementation in
> the trunk.

Commit often, release early.  That's fine.  Just put notices as you
commit in the ticket.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Dubé