[Geoprisma-dev] CSV Export and multiline text

Lessard Alexandre alexandrel at solutionglobale.com
Thu Apr 19 11:56:37 EDT 2012

Hi you all,

I have a problem with the WFS_Fillter_Builder and it's about the CSV export.

I already made a ticket about it, but now I'd like your help for the
solution.
ticket : http://trac.osgeo.org/geoprisma/ticket/383

The problem is multilined text in CSV when you import data into Excel.
When you "import"
id from the file the newline caracter will cause a newline in the
worksheet breaking the order
of the columns.

The encoding does not change anything about that it's a bug that I
wasn't able to pass.

It doesn't append when you "open" the CSV file with Excel, but it might
break dates and some
strings or numbers.

So for this I'd like to propose an option to convert new line into
something else
(i.e. Converting new lines into spaced double slashes " // ").

So if you set the option in the widget it would replace the newlines by
what you write there.

What do you think about that?

Belug

P.S. I've joined a sample Try opening it and then try importing it.