[Geoprisma-users] Does Geoprisma proxy works with generic WMS client/server ?

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Jun 23 08:29:20 EDT 2011

Hello,

This feature is currently not supported, but it would be a nice addition
(patch welcomed).

GeoPrisma was intended to stand in front of multiple services of
multiple kinds. A WMS GetCapabilites targets only one service of WMS
type. So, in a way, if we want to have all the resources capabilities
from all services, all 'capabilities' requests should be supported. I
think all this could be managed in a single call to the proxy itself,
like a 'GeoPrisma GetCapabilities' that would on back end trigger the
capabilities itself or simply get its informations from the config.

There is already a way to call config methods using the 'ConfigProxy' :
http://www.geoprisma.org/dist/build/html/proxy/index.html#proxy-configproxy-label

For example, the PGSQLMapContextConfig has a 'getAuthorizedResources'
method that can be used by a config proxy call. What it does is pretty
basic, but you get the idea. There could be a new 'getCapabilities'
method there.

What do you think ?

Alexandre

--