[geos-devel] code consistency work

strk strk at keybit.net
Fri Oct 10 05:10:58 EDT 2003

I'm hardly busy solving issued compiler wornings about
'const' objects misuse. Sometimes I did have to make
a copy of an object when there was none before, but
sometimes I did remove copies.

I think this is an important work that needs to be
done before proceeding any further (the earlier you
add 'const' keywords, the easies it will be mantaining
the code). Moreover, I'm touching so many files that I
would not like to end up with a bunch of conflicts at
commit time.

I cannot make a pronostic on how much time will this take,
I think I've past half the job needed. Since the beginning... ;)

So is it ok for you if I commit at current status ?
Code is not buildable but further work could be shared ...