[geos-devel] const-correctness

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Mon Oct 20 12:11:16 EDT 2003

My personal opinion is that it's probably more trouble than it's worth, at this point.  As the FAQ points out it's a bear trying to retrofit const correctness.

What sort of bugs was it catching?

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street   Victoria, B.C.   V8T 5G5
Phone: (250) 385 6040    Fax: (250) 385 6046

faq-18.3>

[18.3] Should I try to get things const correct "sooner" or "later"?

   At the very, very, very beginning.

   Back-patching const correctness results in a snowball effect: every
   const you add "over here" requires four more to be added "over there."