[geos-devel] WKTWriter bug ?

strk strk at keybit.net
Mon Oct 20 13:57:52 EDT 2003

There seems to be a bug in the WKTWriter.
Try uncommenting line 206 of doc/example.cpp
and setting numgeoms = 5 at line 172.

A point will be created and, when printed will segfault.

Valgrind reports automatic string destruction to be responsible.
Do you have any hints about string usage (I'm not familiar with it) ?
Is adding constant strings ("this like") to a string object safe ?
will returning a string copy all string components ?
This is driving me crazy since redirecting output to a file makes
the process live more then when printing to console !!