[geos-devel] Re: gettimeofday for win32

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Wed Dec 1 22:44:15 EST 2004

Paul Ramsey writes:

> Frank,
> I can give you direct CVS access if you want to patch in whatever we
> need for win32 build. Because the code was originally done in VC++ we
> shouldn't have any major structural issues w/ win32 support, but I
> think we have accumulated some small unix'isms over the last year which
> are making building harder than it should be.
> Win32 patches and an nmake file would be much appreciated.

SInce GEOS compiles with MingW there any Unix'isms that aren't
already worked around.

There will probably be some problems with VC6 due to it's non-compliant
C++ STL implementation.

The easiest way to work around the VC6 STL gottchas is to use the
STL Port C++ library  http://www.stlport.org/

VC 7 should be OK

HTH

Norman