[geos-devel] geos in Pythoon

Niki Spahiev niki.spahiev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 06:22:41 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:59:22 +0100, strk at refractions.net
<strk at refractions.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 07:51:07PM +0200, Niki Spahiev wrote:
> > Proposed changes to swig module. Attached is translation of
> > example.cpp which generates exact same output.
> >
> > There are some problems with createPolygon() overloading. Uncommenting
> > %ignore line in geos.i:33 throws strange exception.
>
> I have more then a single one (with current geos CVS)

%ignore is to hide ownership taking versions from swig for now, until
i figure out right way to deal with them. %rename is one possibility
but they still require manual thisown=0. I am looking at swig doc how
to automate this.

copying createPolygon() gives exception because LinearRing::clone()
returns LineString
in geos-2.0.1

I can't compile geos-2.1.0 on windows :-(

Niki Spahiev