[geos-devel] setup.py for Python SWIG wrappers

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Apr 4 20:34:26 EDT 2005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 8:58 AM, Niki Spahiev wrote:

> Not very good.
> sys.platform == 'win32' does not mean using MSVC.
> GCC on win32 is not compatible with this patch

Let's try to get this fixed soon.  It seems to me that the 'win32'
platform should be understood to be the default windows builds of
Python using VC6 (Python <2.3) or MSVC .NET (Python 2.4).  This will be
the environment of the great majority of windows users, yes?  Evidently
the sys module can't distinguish between these and a custom GCC Python.
  Any ideas?

cheers,
Sean

--