[geos-devel] thread safety?

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Tue Apr 19 10:16:35 EDT 2005

On Apr 19, 2005, at 8:03 AM, strk at refractions.net wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 07:40:59AM -0600, Sean Gillies wrote:
>> Is GEOS thread safe?
>
> Good question. Can it be tested ?
> --strk;

Ah, thrown back at me :)  I just want to know if thread safety was a
design goal and if the goal has been achieved.  Looking back in the
archives I found a thread where Martin had stated that GEOS should aim
to be safe, and another where Dave Blasby asked the same question with
no answer.

It's not so much a concern for PostgreSQL, but for other uses.  I'd
like to avoid synchronizing use of GEOS if I didn't need to do so.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies