[geos-devel] GEOS Exceptions

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:50:25 EDT 2005

On 4/19/05, Artem Pavlenko <artem at pavlenko.uklinux.net> wrote:
> Agree, it is ambiguous, yet ISO-EBNF lists EMPTY as a special keyword.
> Can anyone ask OGC folks?
> Artem

Artem,

I have emailed David Arctur, who is now co-chair of the reformed
Simple Features Revision Working Group - or so I have been told.
My understanding is that the main RWG task is update the spec to
include 2.5 geometries, and the new measure suggestions.

I have asked him for the correct EMPTY handling interpretation,
and encouraging his RWG to clarify this in the next generation of
the specification as it is clearly confusing to quite alot of us.

Best regards,