[geos-devel] GEOS Exceptions

Mark Coletti mcoletti at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:52:12 EDT 2005

On 4/19/05, Artem Pavlenko <artem at pavlenko.uklinux.net> wrote:
> Mark Coletti wrote:
>

> >Actually it would be best to run these tests multiple times so that
> >you can assay aggregate behavior -- and use multiple datasets, too.

> Yep, have you got multiple datasets?

Um, no, but I'll be happy to perform t-tests to 95% confidence levels
on run results.  =)

(What, ME, a computer scientist?)

> I'll have a go writing WKTReader for GEOS when I got some time. [...]

I'm looking forward to the results.

> Meanwhile , could anyone explain to me why do we need
> vector<Coordinate>*  and not just vector<Coordinate>
> in DefaultCoordinateSequence?

Oh, my.  I hope it's not for some perverse form of vector re-sizing.

And again, why  not write:
>    struct A
>   {
>       A(B const& b)
>        B b_;
>   };
>
>  instead of:

Yep.  From _Effective C++_, "Item 12: Prefer initialization to
assignment in constructors."  (Unfortunately this problem is also rife
in QuantumGIS source.)

MAC
--
I'm taking reality in small doses to build immunity.