[geos-devel] Re: Coordinate copy removal in ElevationMatrix

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Dec 9 13:53:36 EST 2005

Well, doing so makes it harder for geos to become an
"infrastructural", which can be maintained in isolation from the
projects that depend on it.  Imagine a geos RPM as part of a Linux
distribution for example.  If we break ABI at regular intervals we
force upgrades of not only geos but all other dependent programs as
well at the same time.

That said, I agree.  It is still relatively "early days" for geos,
development-wise, and improved performance is quite an important
requirement, judging from the comment profile on this list.

P.