[geos-devel] JTS/GEOS performance - smart-ptr vs ref counting

Ferdinando Villa ferdinando.villa at uvm.edu
Tue Feb 1 10:36:41 EST 2005

>> One thing that would probably speed things a bit is to inline the
>> trivial constructors and destructors :-)

>I would do this, but is it possible to inline functions w/out breaking
ABI ? Will using the 'inline' keyword be enough ?

I may be wrong, but I suspect this is the kind of thing that a good
compiler could optimize away anyway.... maybe it's worthwile to check
gcc's docs or run some simple tests to make sure it really matters,
before embarking in a boring and unnecessary typing exercise...

ferdinando

--strk;