[geos-devel] JTS/GEOS performance - smart-ptr vs ref counting

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Mon Jan 31 20:01:23 EST 2005

Something to note here is that the original profiling numbers given by
strk were based on the buffer algorithm.  Buffer is by far the most
complex algorithm in JTS, and inherently has to create lots of new
coordinate sequences (amongst other things).  There may be no way to
remove this requirement, in which case the only way to improve the speed
is to increase the speed of memory allocation.

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.      www.vividsolutions.com
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street Victoria, B.C. V8T 5G5