[geos-devel] non precision related geometric issue

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at vadose.org
Mon Jun 20 20:02:49 EDT 2005

Based on recent improvements in the geos library, I have started in
depth geometric testing.
Thanks to all for the improvements.

attached is a test file for XMLTester for a failure case.

The B object has an edge intersection with itself, violating assertions
2.1.12.1 and 2.1.12.2 of the SF SQL spec.  GEOS reports it as valid but
upon intersection it abends.  JTS/GEOS is not conditioned to test for
those assertions but Martin may have had those assertions in mind when
writing the overlayOp bts.

This is not a precision issue as can be clearly be seen from the test file.

There is another variation of this issue that I cannot, as of yet,
reliably express with a simple test case.
The variation invloves shared edges between the two test objects.  I
will keep digging.

C.