[geos-devel] wrapping GEOS to PHP

Eduardo Patto Kanegae e.patto.kanegae at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 07:58:24 EDT 2005

Thanks Steve, Paul!

In fact, I just wanna do some topological tests and you're right: it's not
necessary to go from scratch.
Thanks for the hints!

best

Eduardo

On 9/5/05, Stephen Lime <sdlime at comcast.net> wrote:

> Eduardo: Depending on what you need to do you might be able to work
> through the MapScript wrappers. Some already exist for GEOS and
> Swig-based languages. Should be relatively easy to reproduce those in
> PHP. Certainly easier than wrapping from scratch.
>
> Steve
>
> On Sep 4, 2005, at 11:29 PM, Eduardo Patto Kanegae wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Is there a way to "wrap" GEOS to PHP and then build a "PHP/GEOS"
> > extension?
> >
> > best regards.
> >
> > --
> > Eduardo Patto Kanegae
> > http://
> > www.webmapit.com.br_______________________________________________

On 9/5/05, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:Sure, check out the
PHP documentation on extensions :) There are, at
least, no shortage of examples in the PHP
source tree.
Also, Sean Gillies has started with SWIG bindings for GEOS, and has
implemented them for Python. You could start from there, and add and
test the things you need for PHP (which is also supported by SWIG).
That is possibly the easiest path. All paths involve some non-trivial
work though :)
P.

--
Eduardo Patto Kanegae