[geos-devel] problem with line intersections

Martin Davis mbdavis at VividSolutions.com
Wed Jul 5 17:20:31 EDT 2006

Currently there's no way to do this.  There has been some discussion
about this on the JTS list.  Maybe this will appear in a future version.

Martin Davis, Senior Technical Architect
Vivid Solutions Inc.      www.vividsolutions.com
Suite #1A-2328 Government Street Victoria, B.C. V8T 5G5
Phone: (250) 385 6040 - Local 308 Fax: (250) 385 6046

	-----Original Message-----
	From: geos-devel-bounces at geos.refractions.net
[mailto:geos-devel-bounces at geos.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Carlos del
Cacho
	Sent: July 5, 2006 11:08 AM
	To: geos-devel at geos.refractions.net
	Subject: [geos-devel] problem with line intersections

	First of all, thank you for providing a great development API
for GIS hobbyists like me, and professionals alike. I love it :-)

	I'd ike to share a problem I've been experiencing and that I've
been hitting my head against the wall with for some time trying to solve
it. Here it is: how do I go around selecting precision so that, as an
example, the following two lines are identified as collinear when
computing intersections?

	LINESTRING (8,3688218877951126 10,4893534336614670,
7,4109953259110313 10,7767014022266900)
	LINESTRING (0 13, 10 10)

	Any tip will be gladly welcome. Thanks in advance.

	Cheers,
	Carlos