[geos-devel] Re: [postgis-devel] Re: CVS to SVN move

Charlie Savage cfis at savagexi.com
Wed Jul 26 15:37:30 EDT 2006

Hmm...Looks like goes.py is not in SVN (probably wasn't in CVS).  Since
it hasn't been generated (by building the SWIG bindings) it blow up on
make dist.  Same is going to be true for the .cxx files.

A few choices, which have been discussed previously:

* make needs to build the SWIG bindings, then make dist would work

* these files get added to SVN, so make dist works whether or not you
build the swig bindings.  It also means you could compile the SWIG
binding without having SWIG.

* these files don't get added to SVN and don't get distributed, thereby
forcing anyone who downloads GEOS to have SWIG in order to build the
SWIG bindings.

I'd prefer the 2nd choice.  What do other think?

Charlie