[geos-devel] Headers reduction

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Thu Jun 1 08:04:34 EDT 2006

I'm doing one of the last steps before release
of a first candidate of GEOS 3.0.0.

The idea is basically reducing the number of installed
headers to practically reduce the API set to be maintained.

Ideally I would only keep the headers required to do what's
exposed by the C-API, but before proceeding in that direction
I'd like to hear from current users.

In particular, the geomgraph, noding, planargraph, operation,
precision and who knows what else could theoretically be removed
from the installation.

Note that you could still access the definitions with access
to the source code, but could only use a subset of the 'geom',
'io' and 'utils' namespaces from a packaged -dev install.

Would this constitute a problem for existing users ?

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.