[geos-devel] Assertions in CoordinateArraySequence

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jun 26 14:38:57 EDT 2006

Charlie Savage wrote:
>> Please, see exactly what I've written: hundreds/thousands and
>> milions of iterations.
>
> Mateusz - I read exactly what you wrote.  Please don't question my
> ability to read, I don't think its conductive to a good discussion.

Charlie,

Forgive me my impoliteness, I didn't want you to understand it that way.
It wasn't my goal to question your ability to read.
Simply, I had an impression that your reply considers single if, as
"imagining an if statement". That's why I decided to underline the sense
of my post.

>> Here is my small benchmark measured with callgrind:
>> http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/perf.png Here you have much more
>> professional benchmarks that proof the same:
>> http://groups.google.pl/group/misc.test/browse_frm/thread/19f69cead14a07e2/
>>

> Excellent, thanks for the pointers, these certainly prove the point
> and answer  my question.

I'm happy to hear it.

> Anyway, as we discussed yesterday, I'm happy with "safe" versions of
> these methods. Strk, what do you think?

Yeah, strk what do you think?

This would start implementing my secret plan to follow STL interface
design, heh :-)))

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot