[geos-devel] strange test case

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at co.fulton.ga.us
Tue Nov 14 14:46:18 EST 2006

strk,

I have finally isolated an example that generates the assertion error.

I get the error:

bufferOriginalPrecision failed, trying with reduced precision
Scaler: offsetX,Y: 0,0 scaleFactor: 25
XMLTester: ../source/headers/geos/noding/SegmentString.h:167: void
geos::noding::SegmentString::testInvariant() const: Assertion
`pts->size() == npts' failed.
Abort

The error occurs on Intel PIII and P4 chips, but have not been able to
produce the error in AMD Athlon chips.
I used gcc 4.1.1 with the GEOS default -O2 flags.
It may or may not produce an error for you.

run the attached into XMLTester.

BTW this example is not a valid geometry.  I was created through a
series of PostGIS operations,
Difference() and Simplify().

C.

--