[geos-devel] Building GEOS with GDAL

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Nov 15 13:02:34 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> writes:

> Greg Troxel wrote:
>>   It does still really suck that I have to configure geos on unix just to
>>   get a geos_c.h.vc (which I copied from the geos_c.h produced on unix).
>>
>> What happens if you run configure under cygwin?
>
> Greg,
>
> I don't know, and I'm too chicken to try.
>
> Best regards,

I don't have recent experience, but in the past I've installed cygwin
and gotten autoconf, automake, perl, gcc, and even postgres, and I've
been able to run the 'autogen.sh' scripts from some local bbn code and
have it run just fine.  Compared to dealing with windows (which I
choose not to do if I can get away with it), it was wonderful.   I
would expect that you could check out from svn, run ./autogen.sh,
./configure and then make dist.